|Job Ref:||1615992||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||04/10/2016 22:07|
Project (Commissioning) Engineer – Ideally experience of CCTV or fire & security project design.
Tyco is the world’s largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10 billion company, Tyco has more than 65,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries and you have a chance to be part of our exciting company and continued success.
Official title Field Project Engineer
Job summary: The role of the Field Project Engineer is to provide design, technical and commissioning support as required on CCTV, Access Control and Integrated systems to deliver projects that meet the requirements of the design specification while remaining sensitive to costs, budgets and timescales.
1. Determining an appropriate system design for smaller projects
2. Assessing whether a proposed system design provides a feasible solution
3. Identifying alternative solutions which may be commercially or technically superior
4. Determining whether works requested by the customer are in scope
5. Prioritisation of site activities to meet the customer program
6. Deciding when it is appropriate to call upon manufacturer support
1. Office and site based role as required
2. Key contacts include: Operations Manager, Commissioning Manager, Project Managers, Systems Engineers, Administration, sub-contractors and Customers
1. Review of system design prior to installation works and highlighting of any apparent technical, functional or compatibility issues
2. Provide the Project Manager with the required level of technical and commissioning support for the duration of the project
3. Ensure the system is installed and functions in accordance with all relevant industry standards and that activities comply with customer and company health and safety procedures
4. Build a strong relationship with all stakeholders
5. Proactive rather than a reactive approach
6. Provide supervision for subcontract or direct employed installers
7. Commissioning and configure system to meet the design specification and customer requirements.
8. Provide technical troubleshooting expertise and manufacturer liaison when required
9. Conducting project handover and ensuring all relevant documents are passed to the Project Manager
10. On larger projects act as the single point of contact to organise on-site activities
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
2. A real interest in systems and new technology
3. A team player who is able to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues alike.
4. Ability to manage time effectively
5. Very enthusiastic and motivated by the challenge
6. Ability to remain calm and organised under pressure
7. Flexible approach to work
8. Willingness to learn about new products through formal and on the job training
1. Experience in a similar role in the industry. Experience in installation, servicing and design would be advantageous
1. High level of PC literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products
2. Broad general knowledge of CCTV, Access Control and Security systems industry
3. Knowledge in mainstream and top end Access Control, CCTV and Security systems including cameras, locks, door furniture etc.
4. Working knowledge of industry standards
5. Demonstrable knowledge of IP technology
6. A logical approach to troubleshooting
1. English & Maths (A, B or C grades) GCSE or equivalent
2. Educated to A level standard (A, B or C grades) or equivalent (desirable)
3. ONC/HNC in electronics or similar (desirable)