|Job Ref:||1616178||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||03/10/2016 22:13|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
Scott Safety,is a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory and personal protective equipment and safety devices for firefighters, industrial workers, police squads, militaries, homeland security forces, and rescue teams around the world.
With five global manufacturing locations, Scott products protect thousands of individuals each day from environmental hazards including smoke, toxic fumes, combustible gases, falling objects, and contaminants. The Scott product line includes self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), supplied air and air-purifying respirators , PPE, gas and flame detection instruments, thermal imaging cameras , and firefighter communications and accountability devices.
Our Headquartered is in Monroe, North Carolina; Scott Safety generates approximately $500 million in revenues annually, employing more than 1,700 people worldwide, and has operations in Asia, Australia, Canada, China, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, New Zealand, and more.
Read more about us at NA
Direct: Production Leaders, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, Continuous Improvement
Matrix: Buyers/Planners and Quality Support
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Strategic management and development of the Production & Maintenance Departments to achieve business plan objectives. Ultimate responsibility for on-time manufacturing of high quality products, maintenance and improvement of equipment and manufacturing processes, performance measurement and development of employees and development and support of management strategies and policies.
• Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related subject (strongly preferred)
• Strong commercial acumen
• Proven management experience and strong track record of achieving strategic business objectives within a senior operations role
• Strong understanding and experience of using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles (Six Sigma certified preferred GB or BB)
• Strong understanding and experience of ISO & OHSAS requirements
• Good knowledge of modern equipment maintenance practices including TPM and RCM
• Strong communication skills and ability to engage with employees at all levels of the business
• Strong problem solving ability with experience using 8D, 5 Why & Ishikawa approaches
• Demonstrated development of teams in line with business values and objectives
• Strong computer and data collection system literacy, analysis and presentation
• Ability to prioritise and organise tasks
• Strong experience with MRP/ERP systems, especially SAP.
• Effective team player
• Highly driven for results
• Good IT skills
Context and Environment of job
1. The company design, develop and assemble a wide and diverse range of Health & Safety products pre-dominantly but not restricted to Europe, Middle East and Asia. As a consequence the company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
1. The company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of expertise for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Health and Safety Products. Scott Safety Products strive to ensure fairness to all its employees.
The plant is a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be situated in an open plan office, with a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
Organisational Responsibilities - To work in accordance with Scott business/contractual objectives and presented in a clear & professional manner at all times.
Functional Responsibilities - To manage identified personnel within the Production & Maintenance teams focusing on mentoring, developing and coaching others to develop the cross-functional strength of the team. To support manufacturing across all areas, improve process performance, conduct planned, unplanned and predictive maintenance and support the introduction of new products in line with company goals and objectives
Individual Responsibilities –
• Leadership & management of specified business unit
• Full operational and budget responsibility for the business unit
• Implement and develop key measurables to identify and drive improvements within the business unit.
• Establish key strategic activity required to develop the business unit in line with overall objectives
• Ensure production efficiency and production schedule adherence exceeds the required level
• Maintain and develop the delivery of finished products in line with cost, quality and production schedule requirements.
• Ensure proactive maintenance of all equipment and processes enabling full support to all manufacturing lines.
• Lead the development and implementation of significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems, ensuring adherence by employees and third party contractors while operating on site
• Develop a continuous improvement philosophy with goals and timelines.
• Ensure compliance of all production areas to the required operational standards.
• Manage and lead staff in an efficient and flexible manner, ensuring all necessary training and development has been performed and necessary qualifications are in place.
• Mentor staff in an approachable and constructive manner.
• Maintain and develop the emphasis on ownership and accountability throughout the department.
• Promote and support Health and Safety guidelines.
• Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
This represents a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade.
Organisational Responsibilities -You will manage and lead the Production & Maintenance Department. Your role will require you to develop strong relationships with other site management functions. In addition you will foster and develop excellent relationships with key business stakeholders.
• Achieve and sustain production efficiency targets
• Achieve and sustain production schedule adherence targets
• Successful introduction of new product projects
• Strong evidence of effective employee development and succession planning.
• Positive feedback from team, peers and immediate manager.
• Customer Satisfaction
• Budget Management
• Absence Management