Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Systems Integrator within our Permian EOR Automation group based in Midland, TX. This position would require the selected individual to live within a 50 mile radius of Midland, TX. |
Essential Job Duties:
The Systems Integrator works with Project managers by conducting the installation, commissioning, and operations of capital and maintenance facility projects. Responsible for PLC Programming; HMI Design work, some minor Electrical Design, Commissioning, Troubleshooting/Testing/Debugging and Project Documentation. Assists with quoting projects, write specifications, schedules and technical reports. Manage portions of projects as assigned (budgeting; other general project management responsibilities) and completely manage small to medium size projects, occasionally.
- Participate in automation project meetings and design
- Understand the facilities equipment, process flow and design automation system that best support the Asset team.
- Follow project schedule, implementation, compliance to design and commissioning.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complete for all automation projects, will supply documentation to Project Manager when completed (SOP, 1-line, Programs, C&E,P&IDs etc.)
- Design automation programs for wells and facilities within guild lines of automation standards and Oxy EPL
- Communicate all project activities with Asset Teams
- Mentor and Train Automation Facility Specialist in PLC programing, LOI programing, OPC configuration, process control and document generation.
- Work with customer to implement project to customer specifications.
- Support Automation Facility Specialist on complex automation and process issues
- Participate in global Oxy program standardization and best practices.
- Active participation in Oxy Process Improvement Teams
- Support other Oxy Business unit on complex automation projects as needed
- Strong teamwork and collaboration abilities with a verity of internal and external business units
- 10 years of Oil Field experience
- 8 years of Automation systems experience
- 8 years of Oil Field Process Facilities experience
- Expert knowledge of oil and gas automation systems
- 2 year technical degree or HS diploma/GED
- Advanced expert level of understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
- Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
- Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
- Extensive expertise of Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines
- Ability to manage large Budget
- Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Understanding of gas engineering principles and gas measurement standards including AGA 3, AGA 7, AGA 9 and the National Electric Code.
- Strong written, oral and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status