Requisition ID: |
Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises planning/scheduling activities when delegated. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention.
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Position Duties/Responsibilities (Indicate in more detail the functions of this specific position)
- Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Integrates interdiscipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required jobhour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost loaded schedules as required. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Reviews schedule data, and identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdiscipline requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals, and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used by Bechtel (e.g., PCWorks, Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.