|Job Ref:||10813BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 04:03|
MWH, now part of Stantec has an opportunity for a Senior Water Infrastructure Design Engineer to join our team in High Wycombe. |
Our strategy is to develop and grow the service we are able to offer in supporting our water industry clients to better understand their assets and develop, design and deliver schemes to enhance their assets.
This role is to support the established MWH team in achieving this ambition, whilst increasing the business understanding of the team and building MWH's reputation as the recognised industry leader in this field of engineering and operation.
The role will be primarily based in our High Wycombe office as part of a water and wastewater infrastructure design team. Opportunities also exist in due course for secondment to other local offices in Reading and London.
- Carry out investigations, surveys, design, engineering calculations and preparation of working drawings and estimates for waste and water pipeline schemes.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with key members of the client's asset management, delivery and operations teams.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for working hours on project design
- Contribute to the preparation of construction estimates
- Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Strong project management skills
- Chartered engineer
-Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Proven post graduate experience in the UK water industry
- Experience in the design and construction of wastewater and cleanwater pipelines
- Confident with the preparation and use of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications
- Computer literate
- Good client service focus
- Experience in a self-managed role
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)