Tyco is one of the world’s largest pure-play fire safety and security companies. We help to protect more than three million industrial, commercial and residential customers worldwide. Our 69,000 employees include a diverse group of scientists and engineers, sales professionals, technicians and business leaders.
In more than 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries – including research and development labs, manufacturing facilities, service and distribution centers, monitoring centers and sales offices – Tyco employees work together to deliver tailored, industry-specific and location-specific fire protection and security solutions to customers around the world.
Tyco is currently hiring a Distribution Supervisor to work out of our Lithia Springs, GA location. The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and leadership over our inbound shipping area. This role provides support for the daily operations of the order fulfillment department, ensuring all operations are consistent with our commitment to customer service while fostering an environment that is both employee-centric and customer-centric, with a focus on daily order processing in order to maximize sales and productivity, while also providing outstanding customer service.
- Provide leadership to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the warehouse as it relates to all picking activities.
- Develop and implement area work schedules and assignments to ensure efficient continuous operations.
- Provide guidance in administering performance evaluations for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the receiving budget as required.
- Ensure that all receiving operations comply with warehouse policies by leading a team that focuses on proper product selection, packing, and maintaining good security habits at dock doors; unloading trucks and leading the way in ensuring that all orders are received.
- This involves working closely with the logistics and transportation group to ensure information between the two groups is shared as it relates to orders and the processing and physical shipment of freight.
- Allocate equipment so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that a sound maintenance program is implemented.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment assigned to the area of responsibility.
- Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is 5s. Lead operations in a manner that promotes safety and is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Ensure the accuracy of all order fulfillment documents.
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to receiving activities.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies and managing the group to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Collect all documentation for inbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit as necessary. Review and monitor the achievement of operational goals and standards.
- A bachelor's degree (B.S.) in business or related field from a four-year college or university is required.
- At least 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience; previous professional supervisory experience is required.
- Requires skills in leadership, organization, communication, and cross functional teamwork.
- Requires understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with MHE is preferred. Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle any stress/and or ambiguity caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily, and multi-task in a highly transactional environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus Oracle. Baan Preferred.
- Emphasis in SLA (Service Level Agreement) delivery.