|Job Ref:||138410BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Reston||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:50|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
AECOM seeks Linguists to support our Global Mission Solutions unit supporting language programs within the Intelligence Community. The AECOM Linguists will:
• Accurately translate a wide variety of complex texts from the target language into English. These texts may contain difficult, idiomatic, scientific, and colloquial writing.
• Accurately capture cultural subtleties, nuance, and emphasis. A level of cultural mastery is required for the translator to capture socio-cultural essentials embedded in text to include political, religious, historic, and ethnic elements.
• Identify and flawlessly summarize all pertinent factual information and abstract concepts, recognizing the significance of complex expressions, such as colloquial text or technical terminology.
• Triage documentation to isolate the full-range of information that is of importance to the task at hand; master the use of, and assist in the development of, reference materials.
• Review audio/video material and write/transcribe information with a high-degree of accuracy and expression; have an excellent understanding of one or more regional dialects.
• Interpret virtually all levels of target language, including complex or highly idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
• Must have active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with polygraph
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Verifiable fluency (ILR 4/4 or better) in target language
• Operational overseas experience
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing requirements
• Excellent communication, organization, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent command in terms of comprehension of one or more dialects and be able to successfully capture expressions specific to a culture, and all subtleties and nuances appropriately.
• 3 years of interpretation or translation within the IC
• Demonstrated ability to write and speak in clear and concise manner with proper grammar and punctuation in specified language
• Written and oral fluency in English
• Ability to discern information of value for the mission and write an abstract in a succinct, understandable format in English
• Verifiable proficiency with computers, Microsoft Word, and the Internet
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, political science, international affairs, history or a related field.
• Demonstrated operational experience in a HUMINT discipline
• Overseas experience with substantive knowledge of various intelligence/information gathering operations
• Experience working as a linguist
• In-depth knowledge of Middle Eastern or East African affairs, media, and cultural specific nuances
• Ability to use critical thinking/analytic skills to process large amounts of information, detecting important factors and elements
Domestic and international travel as required
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.