- The Construction Support Technician will report to the Construction Support Services Manager. This individual will support the process in providing field engineering deliverables for execution of construction work including inspection, verification, and quality program compliance of the project installation activities to meet performance, regulatory, and quality requirements within budget and schedule requirements.
- Comprehensive Work Package development in cooperation with construction and engineering.
- Create Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs)
- Ensure compliance with all requirements for fabrication, installation, construction of modifications including those in CSA N286.3 and CAN/CSA-N285.06
- Maintain installation status through a process of signing off sequenced steps on ITP's while coordinating verifications related to current code and technical requirements as well as regulatory witness and hold points.
- Manage the process to ensure that all planned inspections, examinations, calibrations, and surveillance activities are scheduled and executed as required.
- Identify, report, and secure approval for deviations from the design documents as they occur and before release to construction.
- Ensure the fulfillment of code required regulatory obligations, NDE examinations and process verification.
- Provide assurance that construction activities are performed in accordance with written and approved policy, standards, programs and applicable procedures.
- Provide and ensure effectiveness of the liaison function between field trades and design engineers for problem resolution and information flow.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other internal groups, subcontractors and suppliers supporting the project.
- Develop and write detailed work plans in cooperation with construction leads.
- Maintain high standards related to final product quality and to consistently require conformance from both staff and subcontractors.
- Work within the established budget for all assigned resources ensuring that sufficient staff is available to support the assigned work. Identify and assist in disposition of variances from budgets.
- Participating in assessing and delivering training needs.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Engineering Degree from an accredited university or Engineering Technology Post-Secondary education.
- 5+ years of experience with nuclear engineering, modification, maintenance and construction projects
- This position requires sound knowledge of engineering principles and process associated with nuclear generation facilities.
- CWP/FIPR Package assembly experience.
- Knowledge of OPG work and configuration management systems considered an asset (Passport/Asset Suite).
- A working knowledge of industry best practices in the subject area.
- Knowledge and ability in project management.
- Proficient written (report writing) communication skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.