|Job Ref:||27714BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Denver||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:01|
Functions in a mid level engineering technician capacity. Under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May begin to provide technical guidance to other engineering technicians. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and remains current on standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement: Begins to proactively apply knowledge of the B&V Quality Program to ensure that the deliverables are accurate and compliant. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Engineering Production: Broadening the use of applications to learn to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables. Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs. May perform basic computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
Project Coordination: Assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
Experience with AutoCad and/or MicroStation engineering drafting/design.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Learning on the Fly
• Problem Solving
• Time Management
• Drive for Results
• Self Development
• Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Understands and applies Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD), information modeling or other applications or design or modeling skills and/or design principles and practices.
• Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of other disciplines
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females