Enterprise Architect - Supply Chain Management |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate business unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Enterprise Architect with Supply Chain Management experience to work at our corporate headquarters with high level management teams!
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems.
- Responsible for the research, evaluation, and selection of application, technology, and infrastructure standards.
- Leads the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Creates project and technology roadmaps and define migration plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future state.
- Develops standards for the specific function or technology domain and defines design patterns and configurations that can be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to manage change and guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Ensures coherence and completeness across all Cummins Technology Reference Model (CTRM) disciplines.
- Maintains positive relationships with IT and business leaders to effectively promote and communicate IT architecture value proposition.
- Collaborates with IT stakeholders to apply IT strategy to architecture future state architecture and develops roadmaps to realize future state.
- Defines and ensures effective metrics to measure standards adoption, reuse, and demonstrate value.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technology and software trends focused on driving comparative advantage for CMI.
- Cultivates strong relationships with industry experts; participates and may present at conferences and round tables.
- Performs complex cost/benefit analysis when researching future state capabilities.
- Coaches and mentors less senior Architects.
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Lifecycle Management - The management of an IT Asset or component from inception throughout its useful life. The Planning phase decides to Replace or add new, Re-engineer, Retire, or Retain/Maintain it.
- Solution Design The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Appling Standards to Solutions - Able to apply industry and internal IT standards to solutions and to assess compliance of a solution against industry and internal IT standards.
- System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
- Research - Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
- Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Our ideal candidate would have 5-7 years experience with these skills and professional experience:
- Provide strategic consultation to Supply Chain Management (SCM) Functional leadership in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying technologies based on customer requirements.
- Participate in enterprise IT and SCM strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Facilitate development of cross-BU (enterprise) solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
- 10 years of experience in IT, with a minimum of two years in Solution Architecture development. (Required)
- Manufacturing IT experience is Required.
- Experience in Enterprise architecture development (Preferred)
- Architecting Oracle EBS or any Supply Chain management package with some implementation experience is a preferred.
- Understand manufacturing capabilities preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management. (Preferred)
- Experience in any Architectural frameworks: Example TOGAF, DODAF, FEA, etc. (Preferred)
- Experience in Technology Architecture is a plus.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website