|Job Ref:||10825BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 04:05|
MWH, now part of Stantec, has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer (Buildings), to join our team in High Wycombe, on a permanent basis or temporary basis. |
Working within the Structural & Architectural Group undertaking the structural design of projects primarily in the Industrial, Water and Energy sectors. Working with groups of structural engineers, technicians and architects on a variety of projects to successful construction completion.
- Undertake design of industrial structures including Energy (Biomass/EfW), Petrochemical and water industry related building structures.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare technical reports.
- Provide technical expertise in structural design to meet project needs.
- Undertake finite element structural analysis and design..
- Although the role is for a building structures engineer, the ability to design civil structures would be advantageous.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to MWH quality standards.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques.
- Reviewing the work of others and mentor less senior members of the team.
- Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following;
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- A Chartered or Incorporated Member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IStructE/ICE
- Experienced in Structural Engineering with a good level of practical design experience using Eurocodes
- Have recent practical experience of CSC Fastrak Building Designer or other similar analysis and design software.
-Water industry experience would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Ability to integrate into a team and provide technical management over other members of the structural design team.
- Experienced level of design decision making.
- Experienced working with Contractors during design and construction phases.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to multi-task.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)