|Job Ref:||30670||Employer:||WSP Group||Country:||Australia||City:||Grafton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:11|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together our 34,000 staff, based in more than 500 offices, across 40 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service.|
Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects and clients, and providing the best service, solutions and advice.
Our business have begun work on the iconic Pacific Complete project from Woolgoolga to Ballina (W2B) and we require an Assistant Resident Engineer to join the project team based in Grafton.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the project team in various disciplines, to contribute to the successful completion of the project, and carry out duties as directed by the Project Leader or nominated personnel.
• Materials and resource procurement including investigating and recommending sources of material and placing orders in accordance with approved policy and procedures.
• Complete order documentation in accordance with policy.
• Make recommendations on suppliers of required resources.
• Check deliveries and process invoices to ensure compliance with accounting processes.
• Collect and distribute drawings and site documentation to ensure most current documentation is available to the project team.
• Maintain site instructions and document registers.
• Contribute to request for information by sourcing information for the project team as requested.
• Participate in contracts administration duties to assist Commercial Manager on site.
• Utilise company specific computer packages to track correspondence and ensure the project conforms to quality requirements.
• Participate in Logbook duties, activities and training as directed by the Line Manager.
• Assist in planning and implementing safety, loss control and environmental programs.
• Observe safe systems of work relevant to your work area and report potential hazards and environmental risks.
Key project requirements:
• Engineering Degree
• +5 years of experience in a similar role within construction, mining or heavy industries
• Experience with contracts administration, construction site supervision, quality control, progress monitoring, site measurement and certification of progress payment on behalf of the Client.
At WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff, you'll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through structured technical/management training, global and local practice networks and wellbeing programs.
If you're ready to join a leader in the engineering consulting world, then it's time to apply. To express your interest please email your resume to NA. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
Large Firm of the Year ' at Consult Australia's 2013 and 2014 Awards for Excellence
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.