About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
Our Alltech Division (Disaster Services) has an opening for a part-time temporary Inspector Services Specialist to work from our Winchester, VA office. The Inspector Services Specialist is responsible for performing tasks prior to, during, and after presidential-declared disasters in support of a contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Under the operational supervision of the Inspector Services Manager, the Inspector Services Specialist will serve primary functions including daily phone interactions with inspectors as well as supporting continuing education, security requirements, and deployment administrative needs. Again, this is a part-time temporary position requiring flexibility to a dynamic schedule that often includes long hours, weekends and 24 hour operations.
Other elements of the role include:
• Being well-versed in standard operating procedures at WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff on a daily basis
• Referring callers to the appropriate department in order to receive information and assistance
• Assisting in the maintenance of accurate records of inspectors through paper, electronic, and database files
• Serving as a contact point for inspectors' inquiries regarding workshops, eLearning, security requirements, deployment preparations, deployment opportunities, etc.
• Contacting inspectors and scheduling new and advanced workshops. Utilizing internal databases and documenting successful contacts as well as contact attempts via phone and email. Providing workshop information and reminders to attendees prior to scheduled time
• Providing feedback on ways to improve functionality and effectiveness of ARES (internal database)
• Following up with inspectors to help ensure compliance with FEMA background check and other contract requirements
• Reaching out to potential inspector new hires when needed
• Assisting other departments when needed and other duties as assigned
• Contacting inspectors in anticipation of deployments to determine availability
• Being well versed in standard deployment protocol and procedures
• Contacting inspectors for deployment and recording all call attempts and results accurately
• Providing inspector with necessary travel and deployment details
• Assisting other departments when needed
• Assist in meeting and maintaining contractual obligations
• Other duties as assigned
U.S. Citizenship is required for all project positions. WSP|Parsons Brinkerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. The selected candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening. As a contractor to FEMA, we require all selected candidates to undergo a criminal background investigation and fingerprint analysis. Only candidates who FEMA rates favorably will be selected for employment.
• High School diploma is required (Bachelor of Arts degree preferred)
• 2-5 years of experience in the administrative/customer service field
• Willingness to work long hours and be on-call when necessary (i.e. able to report to work with little to no notice)
• Strong customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Positive attitude is a must!
• The ability to work accurately and under tight deadlines (desired).
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity