|Job Ref:||JSDESENG006||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 45,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:15|
Senior Design Engineer position working for a global and market leading automotive first tier supplier. The position is a permanent opportunity offering excellent development and progression opportunities, the role will be based in Portsmouth and is offering a competitive salary. In the role you would be technically responsible for new product assembly development from concept to SOP.|
* Responsible for the daily management of allotted design resource designing products to ensure that fully developed cost effective designs are produced to agreed time scales via the SDS process.
* The designs to be manufactured in volume production by the company and suppliers, utilizing all necessary CAD and other technology.
* Ensure that prior to commencing work on any new product that an agreed detailed specification, BOM and timing plans are raised and agreed by the Project Team via the SDS process.
* To originate new product proposals for consideration by the company management.
* Check with the company engineer patent aspects of all new designs prior to any discussions outside of the company to establish that they do not contravene competitor's patents and that the company can obtain patent cover to protect it's ideas.
* Constant liaising on all designs with customers, suppliers, toolmakers and other internal teams to meet agreed specified dates.
* To ensure that all new designs are fully discussed and agreed with Manufacturing, QC and other relevant departments, using the SDS process.
* To effectively lead the team at all times. Arrange appropriate meetings to ensure internal customers are kept up to date with any changes regarding design, external customers concerns etc.
* Ensure compliance to our company standard library/intranet.
* Ensure compliance to QS 9000. TS16949 and ISO14001 procedure.
* Maintain housekeeping standards.
* Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others
* Ensure that you comply and adopt the 5S programme regarding the organisation of your work environment.
Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Design Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
* Computer literate
* Mechanical Engineering Degree level (desirable)
* Product design experience within Automotive Industry (desirable)
* CAD experience (Catia 5)
* Previous experience of customer / supplier liaison
* Experience of the total design to manufacturing process
* DFM / DFA / VE / VA
* Thorough knowledge of injection mould tool design
* FMEA / DRBFM
* Proven leadership skills
* Problem solving
* Proven component design experience
* Presentation skills
* TS 16949 / ISO 14001
* Smart appearance
* Current passport
* Current driving licence
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills CAD experience (Catia 5)
qualification HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering