|Job Ref:||AD12269||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 38,000 - £ 45,000 per year, Car Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 16:14|
Looking for a career change in the North East? Wanting to work with a national client with excellent promotional prospects? Then this role may be exactly what you are looking for. Randstad are currently working closely with the fastest growing top 10 UK construction and house building company here in the North East.. This client has built over tens of thousands of homes for housing associations and councils, supporting local authorities across England, Scotland and Wales. At present they are currently looking for someone to join their expanding social housing team.|
Purpose of the role:
To take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated project in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.
* Control all expenditure.
* Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts.
* To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming.
* Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
* Change management control.
* To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
* Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works. Place the appropriate order and all required information to carry out their work.
* Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts.
* Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
What we are looking for:
* Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor is essential.
* Prepared to work within various geographical areas.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Excellent level of numeracy.
* Excellent influencing skills.
* IT skills - MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc.
* Excellent Time Management.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Flexible & adaptable.
* Competitive rates of pay - Market leader in Construction Industry
* Bonus Scheme - Annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
* Special offers for staff - Run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
If you think this role might just be what you are looking for then please do not hesitate to apply. Alternatively, if you would like a bit more information before committing, please get in touch with Ciaran in our Newcastle office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Social Housing
qualification BSc Quantity Surveying preferred