Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Analyzer Technician with our Manufacturing Facility located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety o four employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Support the Process Safety and Risk Management goals and objectives
- Participate in site-wide Process Safety and Risk Reduction activities as requested. Look for opportunities to be the 'fresh set of eyes' in this area.
- Actively participate in plant wide training to support quality and safety needs including ISO, OSHA VPP.
- Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
- Ensure that you and others are respected, supported and encouraged to grow and succeed in their job.
- Maintain and upgrade in-plant analyzers and analyzer support equipment.
- Tests and repairs analyzer systems utilized by production equipment to ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality.
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of PLC, DCS equipment, analyzers, GCs, CEMs.
- Able to interpret technical drawings.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Associate's Degree in Instrumentation and 3 years experience in an industrial environment or 5 years experience working in industrial instrumentation.
- This position requires proof of the NCCER certification prior to employment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and a good working knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.