|Job Ref:||2799457||Employer:||Hays Plc||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000||Post Date:||18/10/2016 01:38|
Job Title: Site Manager |
Location: London and UK wide
Company Type: Property Developer / Contractor
Build Type: Commercial and Residential refurbishment and maintenance
Your new company
This is a Property Development company that is focused within the UK with ties overseas. The bulk of their projects are in the South of England but on occasion you may be required to travel up as far as Scotland. A small fleet of vehicles are provided to get to sites and a large percentage of your time will involve travelling to sites to check quality and problem solve where needed.
Your new role
As a lead Site Manager over multiple sites your job you will require you to coordinate all aspects of the works so that the build projects are completed in line with company requirements. As a No 1 Site Manager the builds will need to be done within budget, on time and to the highest of quality standards.
You will also help to prepare the site before works commence, working with the Construction Manager to ensure all project requirements, specifications and drawings are read and understood and the build programme is agreed. On top of this you will also be working closely with the Tenants and the management team in charge of procurement.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need experience in Residential and Commercial refurbishments and it is essential that you have SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid certificates. An academic understanding of construction mixed with on-site experience is also desired, along with a proven track record of completing projects on time, on budget and to an excellent quality. Candidates that have developed themselves through trade work and are also from a freelance background will also be considered as a variety of experience and site knowledge is attractive.
A key part of this role will require you to coordinate with a large team of individual contractors and allocate them across multiple projects varying in size from maintenance through to full refurbishments of builds across the country.
• Overseeing the day to day running of a specific build projects from site initiation to completion and handover to the Development team / Tenants
• Helping to prepare the site before works commence, working with the Construction Manager to ensure all project requirements, specifications and drawings are read and understood and the build programme is agreed
• You will represent Health & Safety for the company to ensure compliance in this area at all times with the responsibility for reporting any potential breaches immediately
• Maintaining a secure site at all times and ensuring that all materials, plant and stock are organised in order to meet project needs
• Quality Assurance - ensuring all works are carried out to a technically high standard and in accordance with building regulations and current best practice
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary between £45,000 to £55,000 as well as addition perks that will be discussed at interview. You will be part of a small and experienced team that value their staff and are growing quickly allowing for realistic development within the company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.