|Job Ref:||38275||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ NA
UTRCI seeks candidates with expertise in developing and delivering creative, integrated solutions in design and control of power electronics systems. In this position, researchers will work as part of multidisciplinary teams in developing new technologies that will provide a competitive advantage for UTC's business units.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is well-organized and has strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is fundamental.
A minimum of a doctoral degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience or a master's degree with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience in a field relevant to the design and operation of power electronics.
• Expert knowledge in at least one of the following: (1) Design, modeling, analysis, simulation and control of power electronics systems and motor drives, (2) EMI analysis & filter design, (3) Semiconductor power switches and associated converter topologies, (4) Isolated electrical power generation & distribution systems.
• An applied background in electrical system co-design, wide band-gap semiconductor devices and/or novel electrical system architecture development will be a plus.
• Software skills preferred: MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM, OrCAD, Saber, Modelica/Dymola, LabView, FGPA/DSP programming, PCB design.
In addition, experience in the following areas will be highly regarded, but not essential:
• Experience with hardware-in-the-loop and rapid-prototyping tools.
• An applied background in the more electric aircraft.
• High power density active rectification.
• Solid state protections.
• DC/DC converters.
• Power quality.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary and cooperative team, and will be expected to:
• Develop and execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Demonstrate technical excellence in research activities and creative thinking that leads to innovative concepts.
• Assist in developing proposals for externally-funded research in the area of power electronics and electrical machines, and collaborating with external partners such as companies, national labs and universities.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to senior management and functional teams.
• Actively contribute concepts to technology roadmaps in areas related to power electronics technologies applied to aerospace and industrial systems, helping expand the portfolio of technology maturation projects.
• Enjoy working in the lab, implementing and testing control strategies, as well as designing and testing hardware prototypes and becoming confident to be able to work without direct guidance.
• To become responsible for several components on a project or a complex component of a larger project.
• Some travel required.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: NA by selecting the "Job Postings (International)" option in the drop-down menu under "Careers".
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.