|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY01126403||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Date:||09/10/2016 22:03|
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit Lead Product Safety and Reliability Engineer (m/f), based in Derby, United Kingdom.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the provision of safety and reliability engineering activities to a Derby based Project such that the product:
• is compatible with the infrastructure/environment,
• is demonstrably compliant with contractual and legal requirements and
• is acceptable with respect to the product safety and reliability.
The role is to ensure that the safety and reliability is managed in the design of the product and is demonstrated as such to achieve acceptance by WMA, the client and the NSA.
The role also encompasses the management of the reliability growth and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action system (FRACAS) process for all fleets of trains introduced to service from the Derby site.
• Development, Maintenance and Operation of a detailed plan and budget.
• Day to day coordination and direction of subordinate staff, both local and remote, on assigned project activities and output through to formal acceptance and operational experience.
• Performance of safety and reliability activities on a project.
• Management of the reliability growth and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) of all newly fleets introduced from the Derby site.
• Participate and lead on the development and production of processes for the management of safety and reliability, and ensure all future development of corporate objectives are aligned and acceptable.
• Engineering/Scientific Degree and Professional Organisation Membership.
• Sound understanding of concepts and procedures in product safety and a good knowledge in related disciplines, including:
1. Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
2. Fault Tree Analysis Methodology
3. Hazard and operability (HAZOP)
4. Failure Reporting and Corrective Action system (FRACAS)
• Systems Integration experience and System Architectural understanding required
• Very good team leadership skills
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people!
Posting date: 03.08.2016
Closing date: 03.09.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37