Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
This position will work for Hunt Construction Group in Louisville, Kentucky.
The Hunt Construction Group team spans across the entire country, and comprises of over 800 employees including skilled trades professionals. Whether located in a Hunt regional office or on a jobsite, our relationship-oriented work environment shines through; every Hunt employee is valued, appreciated and treated with respect.
Hunt Construction Group has been in the construction industry for nearly 70 years with tangible, positive results that we do the job right. The Hunt team works to create strong client-relationships, and we emphasize quality and skill-utilization in every aspect of construction, no matter the type of project.
We strive to bring a relational aspect to the job as well, and we take pride in the loyalty and dedication given to each project and every client. Hunt employees have a strong commitment to their clients, because we recognize that solid, long-term relationships enhance the value of our services. Our primary focus is to help our customers in their building and construction needs. Hunt Construction Group excels because we are abundant with the right people producing the right results, every time.
Assigned by and reports to the Regional Accounting Manager on all matters of an accounting nature. Day-to-day coordination and supervision is through the Project Manager. The Project Accountant is responsible for total project accounting, including cost accounting, account payable, payroll, owner billings, and subcontractor payment management. Project accountant performs all functions in consonance with the company's culture, ethics, and code of conduct.
- The project accountant is responsible to the accounting department to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed (both accounting and operational matters the account may observe) and that the financial reporting of costs and projections are fairly stated and accurate. Additionally, the project accountant is responsible to alert the Supervisor of Project Accounting if the accountant feels that cost reports, cost projections or individual transactions, are not reasonable and/or should be reviewed by others in the Accounting department.
- The project accountant is responsible to the jobsite team and project manager to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed with respect to day-to-day accounting functions at the jobsite. Especially significant matters include the evaluation of and monitoring of subcontractor financial requirements related to the performance of their subcontract and monthly payment applications. Additionally, the project accountant assists the project manager with the preparation of the monthly payment request to the owner.
- Evaluate and determine compliance with subcontract insurance and bond requirements. Responsibilities include review of certificate of insurance (see Insurance Manual) for adequacy of coverage, coverage periods, required named additional insured in accordance with owner requirements, and other specific owner requirements. Additionally, continue to monitor adequacy of coverage throughout performance of contract. Inspect subcontractor performance and payment bonds to confirm compliance with company policies and subcontract requirements. Initiate payment halt codes for noncompliance.
- Inspect monthly subcontract draw documents (invoices, payment applications), lien releases, subcontractor statement, second tier lien releases (if required) and determine payment applicable monthly payment halt codes. Determine that payment application is complete, mathematically accurate, and that all special reporting and documentation (OCIP, CCIP, Stored materials) is complete and the subcontractor is eligible for payment.
- Participate in/or prepare project team for monthly owner payment application meeting based on evaluation and accumulation of monthly subcontract draw documents, company personnel costs, and general conditions and self-performance costs (pencil draw). Work with owner, subcontractors, and project manager to resolve issues and prepare monthly owner payment application including additional documentation as required by the contract.
- Monitor subcontractor financial performance and recommend additional compliance requirements including increased retention, two party checks, and second tier lien releases.
Company Policy/procedure compliance and job profitability:
- Coordinate with project manager and supervisor of project accounting to set up new jobs, cost codes, contract, and subcontract accounting records. Assist in the preparation of initial project budgets and control accounts.
- Assist project manager in the project close-out process including obtaining and verifying final lien releases, consent of surety, required notices to owner and final payout of subcontracts and final collection of owner contracts.
- Provide project manager with cost information and cost trends to prepare monthly cost-to-complete and profit forecasts. Evaluate the adequacy of cost forecasts and alert supervisor of project accounting if project management forecasts are incomplete, inadequate, or unreasonable.
- Prepare and monthly reconciliations cost to billing analysis and follow-up and resolve reconciling items.
- Process/approve as applicable weekly payroll reporting.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other documentation associated with accounting and operational procedures within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Performs additional assignments/functions as assumed through personal initiative or direction form project manager or director of project accounting.
- Associates degree in accounting/finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of accounts payable and accounts receivable experience
- Payroll experience
- Excellent understanding of accounting procedures
- Team player with excellent communication abilities
- Proven ability to work independently with multiple reporting relationships
- AIA G702/G703 document knowledge
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.