|Job Ref:||NM0046||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chester||Address:||Post Code:||CH1||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 38,000 per year, Car||Post Date:||24/10/2016 16:13|
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - Chester |
£35,000 - £38,000 Plus Car
Are you an existing Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, looking to elevate & progress your career? Then you're in luck, we've got the perfect role for you with one of the largest FM companies in the country.
Our client, an international facilities management company with a proud history and reputation within the industry is looking for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor to join a forward-thinking, ambitious team and contribute to the completion of maintenance on a busy contract in Chester.
The site, located in Chester, is easily accessible via a nearby motorway, well serviced by local public transport links and conveniently within walking distance of a wide range of supermarkets, local restaurants and high-street stores.
* Company car
* 25 days holiday
* On-site cycle storage & parking
* Long term service awards
* Stakeholder pension scheme
The current team is made up of a diverse range of highly-skilled and motivated individuals. If you'd like to join and contribute to a hardworking, specialist team then you must have and be able to demonstrate:
* Must have and maintain a current valid driver's license
* At least two years at a similar level or equivalent
* Knowledge of current technical standards Knowledge of business critical services Working in a Blue Chip environment
* Working in a "services supply partnership" Formulating, Assessing and Validating Risk Assessments and Method Statements
* Establish a safe, transparent and constructive culture that recognizes hard work and performance
* Ensure all appropriate maintenance personnel are trained and able to perform their duties safely and in an efficient manner
* Managing onsite facilities team and third party sub-contractors ensuring they complete tasks on time and safely to required standards
* To allocate work and completion using the CAFM system
* Allocate and control rota of staff and maintain records
* Order materials and services, maintain records control stock
* Excellent documentation skills to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements
* Develop preventative maintenance schedules, and track/optimize equipment reliability
* To keep up to date with and have an awareness of new products and new improved working methods that can add value by improving quality and reducing costs
* Undertake maintenance surveys and produce reports accurately and concise
* Ability to research and find information in order to troubleshoot and maintain mechanical and electrical systems
* Identify areas of improvement and suggest solutions with cost analysis
* Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
* Follow up corrective actions and implement countermeasures to minimise reoccurrence of faults
* To cover other supervisors as necessary
* To undertake any other duties, relevant to your skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary
Subject Matter Expertise Mechanical
* Responsible for a number of systems including but not limited to the following - controls/BMS, fire systems, AHU's, motors, pumps, inverters, boilers, chillers, pressurisation units, L8 Compliance, water booster sets, CCTV/ security systems, general power and lighting
* Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
* Experience preferred in: preventative maintenance best practices, mechanical reliability, pumps (including but not limited to centrifugal, chemical metering, variable frequency drives and well pumps), valves (including but not limited to butterfly, ball, needle, and pinch style), Gruvlock fittings, piping (including but not limited to PVC, HDPE, stainless steel, carbon steel), compressed air systems, screw conveyors, silos, weigh bins, HVAC, and domestic water systems
* Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "Mechanical" "Maintenance" "Facilities Management" "Supervisor" "Team Leader"
qualification Educated to a minimum of City & Guilds or equivalent Completion of a recognised technical training scheme. Training Apprenticeship (or equivalent programme) Permit to Work IOSH Managing Safely