Requisition ID: |
*This position is for a potential job award*
- Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Devises new approaches to technical problems.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Provides technical direction for specific tasks and assigns work to subordinate senior engineers, engineers, designers, drafters or project sub-groups.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about requirements and standards as set forth by various governing bodies, including CENELEC, UIC, AAR, FRA, TSI, NFPA, and AREMA.
- Familiar with railway signalling and communication systems including PTC & CBTC, fibre/data networks and able to write performance requirement of necessary centralized control equipment under the guidance of the Project Engineers.
- Participate in the effort of preparing procurement packages for various sub-systems as required and provide input to project engineering team for the same.
- Participate in design review process for various signalling train control and communication systems design documents submitted by contractor(s) and provide comments and feedback to the Project Engineers about the status.
- Participate, as required, in design coordination review with other disciplines and departments to provide required input related to signaling system.
- Capable of using CAD / CAE tools and other Microsoft office software application such as MS Visio, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Prepare drawings and single line diagrams and schematics as required to facilitate detail installation design.
- Prepares material quantity take-offs based on Preliminary Design Estimates using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, MS Access etc).
- Work within Construction team as required based on project schedule and deliverables. As a team member of the project, interact with others to help resolve issues and provide information if required by other to complete their design.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Uses OTS software.
- Ability to work and remain in Toronto, Canada.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited 4-year institution in engineering or related discipline. Additional qualifications in railway signaling system (preferred) from an accredited institute.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct effective meetings and provide feedback to project management team.
- Relevant experience in the railroad industry required.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.