Requisition ID: |
Job Description (Accountability):
- Plans and coordinates signalling and train control engineering work on the project and is accountable for the delivery of the associated preliminary engineering.
- This work includes all railway infrastructure fixed equipment for signalling and interfacing with the telecommunications, central control and on-board/mobile signalling and telecommunications equipment.
- Supports and is accountable for the delivery of satisfactory systems assurance relating to the technical integrity of the signalling and train control systems as designed, built, installed and tested.
- Manage the requirements management, configuration control and interface management of the signalling and train control systems.
- Is responsible for acting independently on the signalling and train control systems engineering matters pertaining to the project which may involve exploration of subject area, definition of scope and development of novel concepts, approaches and solutions.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating this activity.
- Participate in design review process for various signalling design documents submitted by subcontractor(s) and providing comments and feedback to group supervisor about the status.
- Participate, as required, in design coordination review with other disciplines and departments to provide required input related to signalling system.
- Provides technical coordination between the Stakeholders, Consultants, Engineering, Construction and the Contractor's staff. Reviews and approves design documents, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
- Manage design, constructability and Value Engineering reviews, including HAZOPS and IDC/IDR meetings.
- Uses CAD / CAE as required on the project
- Prepare drawings and single line diagrams and schematics as required to facilitate detail installation design.
- Prepares material quantity take-offs based on Preliminary Design Estimates using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, MS Access etc)
- Work within Construction team as required based on project schedule and deliverables.
- As a team member of the project, interacting with others to help resolve issues and provide information if required by other to complete their design.
- Uses OTS software
- The position is based in Toronto, Canada.
- The project schedule calls for a focused 12-month design effort.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Ability to work and remain in the Canada.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year institution in engineering or related discipline
- Relevant qualification in Signalling and Control systems related to design and construction of the system from a recognized institute in the Canada; this includes all components of Signalling system including PTS and CBTC for on-ground and on-board equipment.
- Experienced in modern Microprocessor based systems design application for mass transit system.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about requirements and standards as set forth by various governing bodies, including CENELEC, UIC, AAR, FRA, TSI, NFPA, and AREMA.
- This includes block design, application engineering, wayside equipment layouts, preparing control tables and interlocking charts.
- Must have 10-years' minimum experience in the railroad industry required
- with at least 8-years' experience in signalling and control system design.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.