|Job Ref:||160001QX||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Broomfield||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:06|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for
customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global
innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the
This is what we call Working Right.
Power Generation Field Service Technician - Level
The Power Generation Field Service Technician- Level I has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within
branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing quality
repairs of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures. The Power Generation Field Service
Technician- Level I is responsible for completing preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on Generator or
component at the customer site with minimal direction.
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work
area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
• Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Travel to designated customer sites and perform professional quality field service repairs consistent with Company
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional
• Advise the Service Supervisor of parts needed for necessary repairs.
• Keep Service Supervisor continually apprised, and utilize the Service Supervisor to assist in answering customer
questions and problems when necessary.
• Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required all forms
• Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers,
management, and co-workers.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to
• Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete
basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools
• Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
• Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation
products in the field.
• Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims via handwritten
forms or business system input screens.
• Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
• Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
• Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Apprentice Trained Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
• Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
• Current relevant Electrical Journeyman License (Preferred)
• Locally valid driving permit.
• Minimal level of workshop related experience required.
• Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation products
• High Voltage/ Low Voltage experience
• Broad mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance capability - Apprentice Certified Power Generation
• Ability to carry out basic repairs and scheduled maintenance on different product types without supervision
• Able to understand diagnostic tools
• Awareness of Quick Serve Process
• Awareness and ability to access Cummins service support tools (such as Quick Serve On Line, INPOWER,
LONMGMAKER) and understanding of Microsoft Software
• Able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing and to use general numeric principles
• Able to prepare required documentation to the standard required
• Able to understand written instructions
• Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any required safety training and the Job
Safety Assessment process
• Able to work within quality standards
• Capable of developing effective working relationships
• Can resolve basic technical problems
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
• Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
• Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
• No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
• No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
• No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this
Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves,
and Protective Footwear as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash
Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full
complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our
policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability,
national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or
expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify,
including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .