|Job Ref:||8893||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
The successful candidate will contribute to the performance of Nondestructive (NDT) Engineering services within Electric Boat by providing technical guidance and expertise in the following methods for both Nuclear and Nonnuclear applications: VT, MT, PT, ET, RT, and UT. Primary responsibilities are to develop and qualify NDT procedures for specific applications, reviewing and monitoring the NDT training programs, then subsequently examining and certifying all Inspection and Operations personnel at who have successfully completed these programs.|
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Review, administer and ensure shipyard compliance with fabrication, welding, and NDT military specifications.
• Maintain company standards, procedures, best practices, and process improvements in the field on NDT.
• Providing technical guidance and expertise with respect to on-site construction support and problem resolution, as well as off-site involvement with material suppliers.
• Serve as project or technical lead on both in-house and externally funded development and process improvement/cost reduction tasks.
• Evaluate new developments in the NDT field for possible application to current and future construction.
• Involvement with Quality Assurance, Design and Engineering departments as well as NAVSEA Customer representatives.