|Job Ref:||TGFI-UKDY01098283||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:04|
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit a Tax Adviser, UK (m&f), based in Derby, United Kingdom.
To be responsible for the oversight of the tax compliance of the UK companies of BT ensuring compliance with UK tax law and maintaining an appropriate working relationship with the UK Tax Authorities.
To work with operational functions within BT to ensure compliance with tax laws, regulations and directives by the provision of tax advice to the business that is clear, understandable and implementable.
To identify opportunities to minimise tax payments within the law and to mitigate tax risks that arise in both day to day business and in enquiries raised by tax authorities in areas of responsibilities.
• To put in place the necessary processes to ensure compliance with SAO, Controlled Foreign Company Reporting, International Movement of Capital Rules and keep up to date with HMRC requirements for reporting tax policies, internal control framework etc and ensure requirements are met.
• To take responsibility for tax compliance of the UK Holding companies and to provide assurance to the Senior Accounting Officer ("SAO") that adequate systems and processes are in place. This covers CIT, VAT and PAYE.
• To support UK A&R in the UK tax compliance of the UK operating entities and to be responsible for the review of the computations and quarterly reporting sign off.
• To support UK legal entities on tax audits, providing tax technical input, representations and ensuring that consistent and correct is provided to tax authorities. This involves the production of research documents, technical analysis, presentations etc.
• To act as a Single Point Of Contact ("SPOC") for designated bids taking responsibility for all taxation structuring within the bid phase, resolving questions on the tax implications of the proposed contract structure and supply chain (including indirect taxes), dealing with tax issues that arise from the Invitation to tender, advising on the implementation of the groups transfer pricing policies and how that impacts the bid pricing, highlighting and where possible quantifying any tax risks and opportunities.
• This role involves seeking input from other tax team members where appropriate along with liaison with bid governance, bid controlling, legal, structured finance, procurement and Global Transfer Management.
• To act as a SPOC for designated projects taking responsibility for resolving all tax issues that arise during the project set up and execution. This can require the individual to manage individuals in other teams in order to resolve the issue.
• To provide tax assistance on any Group restructuring project which involves the UK and other legal entities as requested.
• To provide tax training as required
• Degree level education. Professional tax qualification, member of a professional tax/accounting organisation or equivalent experience.
• Relevant experience in taxation, industry experience essential. Experience in international taxation would be desirable.
• Experience working in a multi-national environment matrix organisation is essential.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people!
Posting date: 08.08.2016
Closing date: 08.09.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37