|Job Ref:||1616412||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Linthicum||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:07|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.|
Service Sprinkler Fitter- SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
• Responsible for providing on-site support to SimplexGrinnell customers which includes but not limited to: installation and service of sprinkler systems products including fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial applications, wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems; after-hours, holiday and weekend on-site support.
• Install and service products and equipment with a minimum of direct supervision as requested by the Service Center in accordance with current standards. Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service and to make sure service was completed and satisfactory to the customers' needs. Properly maintain trunk stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical reference material. Complete service documentation as required by the position or requested by Departmental Manager in accordance with current company requirements. Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control. Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and other technical problems in details to the Service Center and Departmental Manager. Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current corporate fleet policy. Interface effectively with other departments and managers within SimplexGrinnell to resolve customer problems and issues. Perform other duties as assigned
#externalRewards and benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
• Prior experience in sprinkler systems service and support highly preferred
• 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting, servicing and inspecting water based fire sprinkler systems. Must be able to read and understand contract and sprinkler plans
• Must have superior communication and customer service skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, solid organizational/prioritization and administrative skills.
• Read and understand schematics, operational and product manuals
• Maintain a customer base or territory at 100% satisfaction rate
• Able to lift and carry equipment and tools which may be over 40 pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffolding with equipment, and working incramped workspaces such as crawl space, and above ceilings
• Must adhere to OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures
• Complete reports in a timely fashion.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Pass criminal background check and drug test
• Valid Driver’s license
• High School Diploma and/or Trade School Certification