Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
You will be responsible for the safe and effective completion of planned and reactive maintenance tasks, as well as the completion of minor new works and other projects. You may also from time to time, be required to provide support to Interserve's specialist team of sub-contractors and other service providers. The role will require you to participate in the on call rota.
- Primarily based in London, you may nevertheless be a required from time to time to support operations at other Interserve locations, both in the in the UK and Europe. You will be responsible for ensuring delivery of assigned tasks in accordance with contractual requirements and associated specifications, whilst at all times remaining fully compliant with Interserve's and legislative QSHE requirements
- Completion of reactive and planned maintenance and new works within the constraints set by the contractual Key Performance Indicators - This means commencing tasks on or before the target start time - Keeping the customer and FM coordinator updated at all times, and closing out the tasks before the completion date is due.
- Ensuring detailed notes of work activity are routinely entered on the job sheet to give a clear and precise audit trail of your actions taken.
- Ensure appropriate Safe Systems of Work are applied and enforced.
- Ensure risk assessments are adhered to
- All incidents, accidents and near misses are reported immediately to your line manager
- Ensure all areas under Interserve's control such as rest areas, work areas, plant rooms and service risers are kept clean and safe at all times
- You may be expected to produce "Rough Order of Costs" and pricing of equipment and materials on tasks assigned to you.
- Attend meetings / site inspections as required
- Requirement to work at height,
- Assist other trades or Interserve contractors in the execution of their duties
- Undertake any reasonable request from either your line manager, or other Interserve Manager
What we are looking for
- Completion of a recognised electrical apprenticeship, or other evidence based formal training - Such as HM forces
- 17th Edition qualified
- Electrical trade qualifications (C&G/NVQ) for electrical installation or maintenance of electrical installations
- Electrical Testing and Inspection C&G 2391 or C&G 2394- Desirable
- Portable Appliance Testing qualified - Desirable
- Previous experience in an electrical maintenance environment
- Working knowledge of mechanical installations such as heating and cooling systems
- Ability to follow technical drawings and plans
- Good practical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Careful and well ordered approach to work
- Good understanding of safety issues and legal regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone
- Excellent customer care skills
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.