Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Based in the Unit Personnel Office HMS Collingwood, this role provides a broad and flexibleservice to meet the contracted Personnel Administration requirements of the RN. Employed as a Personnel Support Services Administrator, there will be the potential to rotate through various elements of professional responsibilities when required to meet the needs of the business. Training can be provided, where appropriate.
Although not any one time, specific tasks might include, but are not limited to:
- Administering Service personnel HR (Joint Personnel Administration) system accounts, including data input.
- Providing a direct customer interface and liaison with co-ordinators and line managers.
- Assessing of pay and allowance entitlements.
- Advising on pay, allowance and personnel management matters, including maternity requirements.
- Assessing eligibility for promotion and honours and awards.
- Maintaining personnel documents.
- Arranging and coordinating travel and travel documentation and advising on travel regulations and entitlements.
- Authorising and auditing of expense claims.
- Issuing and controlling accountable documents.
- Compiling and co-ordinating manpower rosters, recall lists, augmentation and reports.
- Initiating and coordinating appraisal reports.
- Carrying out any other tasks as determined by the Interserve Line Manager, including support/cover for other Administrators in the contract area, when required.
- Promoting of a safe working culture and adhere to the Health and Safety procedures, processes and the law.
- Complying with the Data Protection Act and observing confidentiality.
What we are looking for
- Administration experience with organisational skills and a high degree of integrity.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop working relationships.
- Good all round standard of education, especially literacy and numeracy (educated to GCSE English and Maths or equivalent).
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Be conversant with MOD UPO applications and systems (JPA, Defence Travel etc. desirable).
- Knowledge/understanding of MOD administration and processes (desirable).
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake additional training when required.
- SC security clearance will be required (Rightto work in the UK).
- Requirement to work 37.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri) during core hours and flexibly when required.
- Required to wear approved company work wear.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide.