An opportunity has arisen for an experienced systems design engineer with significant vehicle expertise to deliver the role of Vehicle Systems Design Engineer / Architect in support of our Vehicle Optronics and Sensors Group. |
The successful candidate will be a talented Systems Design Engineer with experience of conceptual and detailed design, Integration and delivery, coupled with a proven capability of delivering mission system programmes.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements in the Vehicle Systems domain.
The role holder reports to the Systems Engineering Discipline Manager and will be allocated primarily to projects in the Vehicles Optronics and Sensors Business area. The key individual responsibilities are:
- To provides technical leadership for bids and project Engineering Reviews.
- To identify and review technical risks, opportunities and mitigation plans throughout the bid and project phases;
- To define and propose candidate architectures to meet customer/stakeholder needs
- To creates the technical specifications with acceptance criteria for subsystems,
- To define the integration, verification, validation, qualification, certification and acceptance methods,
- Be responsible for collated results and evidence.
- To ensure, with the support of Specialty Engineering experts & Safety/HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) stakeholders:
- That candidate solutions meet regulatory requirements including all applicable standards and legislation. This includes product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements and standards,
- That solution designs take into account the contractual requirements,
- That all related certification activities are performed correctly;
- Substantial experience in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems;
- Proven experience in working collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams
- Proven track record of working and delivering on Vehicle Architecture solutions for a defence programme ,
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Additional expertise in Land Systems and Armoured Fighting Vehicle domains
- Awareness of architectural frameworks such as MoDAF and DoDAF,
- Knowledge and experience of open vehicle architectures
- Ability to use tools such as Matlab, Simulink & MathCad
- Experienced in the use of Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect