|Job Ref:||138570BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||San Antonio||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:50|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Please note: position is contingent upon contract award.
Provides logistics analyses support tasks within a logistics element area. Daily tasks include, but are not limited to: requisition research, Integrated Logistics Support planning (including maintenance, supply, test and support equipment, personnel, training, facilities, data, computer resources and design interface) for systems, subsystems, and equipment.
1) Performs as a Logistician for repairs and spares requisitions that include standard and non-standard high cost/complex, Highest Level of Service, Urgent, and Routine requirements.
2) Researches Part Numbers (PN) and National Stock Numbers (NSN) as well as related management data utilizing a thorough understanding of DOD MILSTRIP and military supply requisitioning procedures.
3) Identifies mismatches between PNs and NSNs, nomenclature and management data to communicate with customers to ensure correct item(s) are procured from approved/authorized sources.
4) R eads and interprets documents such as item drawings, specifications, and technical orders.
5) Researches and identifies sources of procurement using the Fed-Log, IHS (Haystack)
and WebFlis systems and prior procurement history.
6) Promotes and obtains competition by loading requirements to an electronic bid board and soliciting sources.
7) Communicates with customers by processing status transactions, authoring narrative messages, sending emails and conducting telephonic conversations.
8) Maintains a thorough working understanding of DOD Sources of Supply and the relationships between the Defense Logistics Agency, Air Force Logistics Command and other U.S. Government sources.
9) Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in a Business or Logistics related field with at least 2 years related experience. Good communication skills both orally and in writing are essential. Applicant must have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software; especially Excel, Outlook, and Word. A strong capability to work within various other Windows based software programs is also a necessity. Candidates must possess keen organizational skills and show a demonstrated ability to perform in a highly detail-oriented tremendously fast paced work environment. Previous or current knowledge of DOD MILSTRIP and/or military supply requisitioning procedures is a must. Candidates must also have the ability to use and work in the Fed-Log and IHS (Haystack) research software systems and interpret standard supply codes. Reading and interpreting documents (item drawings, specifications, technical orders, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals) will be essential tasks in the normal day to day duties of this position. All candidates must possess the ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
Additional Requirements :
1) Must be a US citizen.
2) Must have the ability to gain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
3) Must be able to pass various online skills assessments.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
The daily working environment includes work within a typical climate controlled office environment with no unusual hazards. This will include occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, prolonged sitting during computer use, continual use of visual/speech/hearing abilities, mental alertness and the use of planning and organizational skills.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.