9th September 2016
Main Purpose of Role:
The IT Support Engineer assists and supports the whole group, resolving IT issues and helping increase efficiency of business processes.
- Assist with or carry out the installation and maintenance of the corporate operating systems and storage infrastructure, ensuring all standard procedures and policies are fulfilled and met.
- Act as a technical resource in assisting users or project teams, take ownership of issues or problems assigned and ensure all key personnel are kept informed on progress in a timely manner.
- Help users to assess needs and provide/document justification for equipment and services maintaining network security through Active Directory and other approved services.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Liaise with suppliers and IT services contracts whenever necessary to raise faults or query progress
- Work as part of a Global IT Support team, helping and covering for other support team members
- Plan the deployment of software releases of in-house applications and manage the release process end-to-end from planning of release content through to actual deployment to production
- Troubleshoot problems and support corporate operations such as VDI, email, DNS\DHCP\SMTP elements, remote access including RSA keys, active directory etc. with operating, storage, network with respect to both hardware and software for network, peripheral and mobile equipment problems making repairs and corrections where and when required.
- Communicate to local users on the different IT systems supported by the business, including basic training on these systems. Suggest alternative working methodologies to improve business workflows.
- Support the IT change team with the rollout of new systems and services in the local offices.
- Troubleshoot problems and support collaboration services such as StarLeaf video and Avaya telephone systems, Microsoft Lync and Serve U FTP facility.
Background and Skillset:
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, VDI including VMware management console and application publication.
- Solid background working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment, preferably within a global team.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office (2010 – 2016) and 365.
- Experience with dual factor authentication systems e.g. RSA.
- Knowhow in deploying and managing anti-malware solutions and cleaning infections where required.
- Understanding of SCCM and software deployment including SLM license servers and application packaging.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure service providers e.g. AWS; Azure; GCE etc.
- ITIL Experience\qualified.
- Flexibility in work time and location with a willingness to travel to any Penspen sites as may be required.
- Good level of Exchange and Active Directory Administration skills.
- Solid knowledge of cloud based video conferencing systems e.g. StarLeaf, Skype for Business etc., and modern hardware endpoints.
- Extensive understanding of GPOs and their use.
- Experienced in Power Shell scripting with good Robocopy skills.
- Familiarity with firewalls, routers and wireless access points, including their configuration.
- Experience of LAN\WAN monitoring solutions, i.e. Cacti.
- Good knowledge of switch monitoring and configuration.
- Extensive background with mobile devices, their configuration and MDM systems.
- Knowledge of Avaya phone system and management console.
- A degree level qualification is desirable.