|Job Ref:||EMP371059||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||Address:||Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our client is a highly successful Food Testing Organisation offering extensive services to the Food Industry. A new and exciting position has arisen within the team for an Analytical Chemist to join the Nutrition team on a permanent basis. |
Proven skills and experience within analytical chemistry (ideally gained within a food testing environment)
The role of the Analytical Chemist is to help support the team with the routine analysis of food products, participate and perform method validation and transfers in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
Duties will include:
- Organise and conduct routine analyses
- Method validation and transfers, in compliance with applicable methods, and protocols, and regulatory guidelines
- Maintain laboratory documentation and laboratory records
- Troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software , and perform routine and non-routine maintenance
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment and maintain a positive attitude. Plan individual workload in coordination with team members
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Identify problems, determine appropriate actions, and implement solutions with support or independently as appropriate.
- Train and assist less experienced staff
- Participate in client visits or calls as needed
- Learn to write text for reports, methods and, or protocols
- Demonstrate knowledge of departmental procedures and policies
- Be viewed as a resource within your team
- Demonstrable knowledge within food nutrition and contaminant testing - HPLC and GC experience would be advantageous.
- Experience working in a UKAS accredited laboratory and working knowledge of ISO 17025 would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication - both written and verbal.
- Proven experience analysing data and delivering reports.
- Experience mentoring others would be ideal.
- BSc in a relevant field - i.e., chemistry or food science (must include analytical modules).
Our client's on going success offers the successful candidate unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities. They offer the opportunity to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues.
Salary is dependent on relevant experience.
Please feel free to call NA for more details.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.