|Job Ref:||EMP363376||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Salary:||£35,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Hybrid Powertrain Calibration Engineer with INCA experience to work on Hybrid vehicle projects.|
Calibration for Hybrid Vehicles
Develop hybrid powertrain calibration for future hybrid vehicles
1. 2:1 BEng(Hons) or equivalent in automotive, electrical/electronic, mechanical or control engineering.
2. Relevant powertrain calibration experience in an automotive environment
3. Maintaining and developing strong numeracy and literacy skills
4. Good logical reasoning and problem investigation/resolution
5. Demonstrating depth of knowledge in powertrain calibration, including calibration verification and validation.
6. Direct experience of calibrating hybrid electric powertrain is highly desirable though additional training will be provided on the job.
7. Achieving results through effective team work, working with cross functional teams
8. Showing ability to overcome cultural barriers
9. Good working knowledge of automotive calibration tools (INCA preferred)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Hybrid Powertrain Calibration:
1. Develop core calibration for hybrid powertrain.
2. Apply methodical approach to balance performance, emissions, fuel economy and driveability attributes.
3. Develop calibration sign off criteria. Highlight any deviation from plan at the earliest opportunity and instigate recovery plans.
4. Analyse calibration results to identify control system improvements and generate engineering change requests.
5. Work closely with control system and software engineers to optimise overall system performance.
1. Ensure all specifications and reports are appropriately documented.
2. Ensures that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed / updated as technology progresses.
3. Supporting benchmarking and requirement capture activities.
Other Features of job:
1. Reporting to the Control Systems Team Leader.
2. Working as part of an integrated multifunctional product team which is responsible for delivering the project
3. Develop skills within the team through team working and use of personal development reviews to identify development needs and set challenging personal objectives.