|Job Ref:||EMP386933||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||England||Address:||Salary:||£22,000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Due to the success and continued expansion of our client's Food Microbiology Research Services we are currently looking for an impressive Microbiology Technician to join the team on a permanent basis.|
Proven microbiology experience gained within a UKAS accredited food testing laboratory
The role of the Microbiology Laboratory Technician is to carry out challenge testing projects in support of NPD and troubleshooting, conduct microbial challenge testing to agreed protocols, and engage in R&D activities to keep challenge testing protocols and service up to date.
- Effective delivery of challenge testing service to internal and external customers.
- Undertake challenge testing projects against agreed protocols, delivering on time and to the expected quality standards.
- Maintain the testing facility provision within Microbiology.
- Maintain internal quality systems, aligned to ISO 17025 principles.
- Provide reference samples to support quality assurance testing of external microbiology laboratories.
- To partake in appropriate, timely and effective response to any microbial food safety issues.
- Ensure team activities comply with H&S requirements.
- Perform all necessary housekeeping functions and other general duties as required.
Candidate Qualifications & Experience:
- Essential: Proven experience working in a UKAS accredited food microbiology laboratory.
- Science degree related to microbiology.
- Working knowledge of all functions of a recognised competent microbiology laboratory: LIMS and sample log in/ Full suite of microbiology testing / Plate reading and reporting / Pathogen laboratory functions / Media preparation.
- Culture collection development and maintenance.
- Proven good organisational abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good inter-personnel skills and good team work.
This role will offer exceptional training opportunities along with structured routes for progression. The salary for the position will reflect experience and be accompanied by a range of great benefits.
Please feel free to call NA for more details.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.