CUSTOMER SERVICE AMBASSADOR |
COMMUTER TRAIN OPERATOR
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Customer Service Ambassador is the onboard face of GO Transit to their rail commuters, thus an ideal candidate for this position must exhibit the following abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to perform report writing, public address announcements and radio communication
- Prioritize tasks in a fast operational environment
- Safety consciousness to ensure personal and passenger well-being
- Maintain focus and concentration in crowded and busy space;
- Exceptional punctuality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, empathy, and teamwork
- High level of integrity, ability to work without continual supervision
CUSTOMER SERVICE AMBASSADOR (CSA)
- Attend to, resolve and escalate customer service issues on a daily basis
- Operate independently and make sound business decisions that show customer and operational focus
- Make all public service announcements, including but not limited to informing passengers of any delay of five minutes or more, station stops, special on board announcements etc.
- Ensure that all passengers have alighted, discarded newspapers and other litter picked up, lost personal items are collected and doors secured at terminus
- Responsible to safely deploy the accessibility ramp as well as operating the required doors at station stops through radio communications following GO Transit Accessibility Guidelines (appropriate training will be provided)
- Interface regularly with the Train Operator, GO Commuter Central and host railway's rail traffic control centers (RTC) when required via the radio as well as a PDA
- Communicate with Maintenance staff in order to correct defects which could affect train performance on the road to minimize delays to train and passengers
- Implement and carry out the evacuation plan in the event of an emergency.
- Compile customer service reports and other reports as required
- Attend to passenger medical emergencies as a "first responder", providing first aid care.
- Attend to passenger assistance alarms (code 1033), which may be, but are not limited to: conflicts, medical issues, medical emergencies, disturbances, etc.
- Conduct pre-departure equipment inspections
- Work weeks will involve being available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week with scheduled days off being afforded within a 7 day work week
- Secondary School Diploma
- Valid "G" class driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
COMMUTER TRAIN OPERATOR
- Exceptional performance and work record as a Customer Service Ambassador
- Oversee safe movement of trains
- Walk on uneven surfaces around moving equipment and mainline train traffic
- Comply with signals and operating instructions, railroad rules and regulations
- Sit, stand, climb, manipulate equipment and switches as required
- Receive and transmit instructions by radio
- Monitor speed, brake and other gauges to ensure safe and on-time train operations
- Perform mechanical pre-departure inspections
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.
the evolution of mobility