Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CHRFFPE1532||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barry||Address:||Post Code:||CF62||Salary:||£ 34,000 - £ 39,000 per year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:19|
Facilities Project Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of a completely new purpose built manufacturing facility? Do you have experience of managing and controlling high capital facility installation projects? Have you got a strong understanding of process equipment in terms of types of conveyors, assistors, tooling, services etc? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will play a key working as part of a project team responsible for delivery the new production plant, you will be responsible for the facilitation of the both the trim and trim & Final area. This will require early feasibility and simultaneous engineering studies, whilst working with process engineering and various suppliers.
* Total responsibility for the project management of this capital investment project.
* Liaise with developers, architects, M&E & engineering suppliers and internal departments to lead ambitious and challenging projects.
* Monitor timing plans and ensure delivery within the agreed time scales.
* Manage budget and ensure this is not exceeded, both in terms of investment and resource.
* Produce weekly status of project to management team.
* You will be controlling facility projects, with main responsibility being to manage and control contractors that could be working in any area of the facility. This will involve the following activities:
* Specification - Investigate the customers' requirements determining and identifying the most appropriate solution. This solution will then be turned into a written specification to be issued for quotation.
* Vendor Selection - Evaluate and investigate supplier tender submissions and recommend the preferred supplier.
* Design Development - As more detail becomes available the facility design may need to change the project engineer will be responsible for monitoring and controlling cost changes.
* Equipment Manufacture and Installation - Ensure the standard of equipment and installation is acceptable to the company standards.
* Commission - Ensure the plant and equipment operates within the specification and achieves the targets set out in the specification and meets all legislative requirements.
* The successful candidate must understand CDM and the use of method statement and risk assessment.
* Cost and project Management.
* You will need to be HNC qualified with extensive relevant experience of managing and controlling high capital facility installation projects.
* Autocad experience is essential
* UK travel will be a required
* Automotive experience would be highly advantageous
This is an amazing opportunity that doesn't come around very often! You will play a key role in a capital investment project for a prestigious automotive business creating a world class purpose built facility! This is not one to be missed!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.