Requisition ID: |
This requisition is for a Project Field Procurement Manager for a combined cycle project in the US mid-Atlantic region. The assignment will begin asshort term in the Reston VA office and will transition to the field in Brandywine MD.
Manages Procurement activities within the project temporary operating and jobsite locations. Ensures that Procurement operations satisfy project requirements and conform to established global business unit, Procurement, and corporate policies, instructions, procedures, and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures that Procurement operations at project temporary operating and jobsite locations function professionally and conform to corporate, global business unit, and project policies and procedures in functional areas for which Procurement is responsible including:
- Field Purchasing
- Field Expediting
- Field Supplier Quality services
- Field Traffic & Logistics
- Field Materials Management to include receipt, inspection, storage, inventory control, physical security and issue of all materials and equipment
- Unsatisfactory, over, short and damaged actions
- Disposal of surplus material and equipment
- Plans, directs, coordinates and monitors personnel actions for Field Procurement staff assigned to project temporary operating and jobsite locations. These actions include but are not limited to:
- Annual reviews regarding performance
- Career planning guidance and discussions as specifically delegated
- Preparation and submission of salary plans for approval
- Determining and obtaining management approval of staffing plans for Field Procurement personnel requirements at the project temporary operating and jobsite locations.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of work hour estimates and organizational charts for project activities at temporary operating and jobsite locations, and submits for approval or subsequent changes to the global business unit Field Procurement Manager and Site Manager. Establishes long-range personnel requirements and coordinates timely staffing of positions. Monitors personnel utilization throughout the duration of the project.
- Establishes requirements for and seeks management and client approval for facilities and equipment necessary to provide for effective and efficient Field Procurement operations at project temporary and jobsite locations.
- Prepares procedures and instructions establishing Procurement responsibilities and methods of operations pertaining to activities at project temporary operating and jobsite locations in accordance with construction Standard Work Process Procedures, global business unit procedures, Procurement policies and procedures and Field Procurement guidelines.
- Frequently visits assigned temporary operating and jobsite locations to validate personnel requirements, ensure professional performance and see that proper construction support is being maintained to meet all project requirements.
- Establishes a continuing program to dispose of surplus materials and equipment as they are identified as excess to project needs by the client and management.
- Experience with and knowledge of Field Procurement operations particularly pertaining to Procurement operations at temporary operating and jobsite locations, including Purchasing, Inspection, Expediting, Traffic & Logistics, and field materials management
- Skilled in the supervision of personnel and all aspects that are involved with total personnel administration, such as requisitioning, interviewing, annual reviews, development or monitoring of mandatory training course completion, and career discussions and development.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Skilled in oral and written communications. Experience in management of multiple Field Procurement disciplines on large, complex projects.
- Experience in management of multiple Field Procurement disciplines on large, complex projects.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.