|Job Ref:||00015390||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Pasadena||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Superintendent with our Manufacturing Facility located in Pasadena, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Responsible for prioritizing work for process engineers and the development of college hires and interns.
• Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations. Ensure annual departmental goals and objectives include meaningful Process Safety activities for all levels of the organization.
• Provide leadership for the development and implementation of cost saving projects (fixed, variable and marginal income).
• Provide project support for execution of small and large capital projects.
• Manage all available technical resources (internal and external) to ensure timely and cost-effective achievement of PVC priorities.
• Assure compliance to PSM (MOC's, PSSR's, Procedures, Audits, etc), including representing the PVC sites as MOC coordinator and process steward.
• Assist operations personnel in troubleshooting process upsets and operation problems.
• Analyze process data and assist in providing sound engineering advice on plant operations and process improvements. Make data driven decisions.
• B.S. in chemical engineering with a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing or technical function in the chemical industry.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and a good working knowledge of SAP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical requirements - must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional desired qualifications:
• Prior experience in PVC is a plus.
• Supervisory experience
• Familiarity with DCS and programmable logic controllers; preferably experience with DeltaV and ABB.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Individual with Disability / Veteran Status