|Job Ref:||00015500||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Pasadena||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Process Engineer with our Manufacturing Facility located in Pasadena, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
• Identify, evaluate, develop, specify, justify, install, and start-up process improvements to increase production capacity, improve operating reliability, reduce manufacturing costs, reduce energy usage, conserve raw materials, improve product yields and improve product quality.
• Participate in any opportunity to enhance safety, upgrade environmental safeguards, and provide for the overall optimization of process operation.
• Provide ongoing engineering assistance to operations including troubleshooting of process operating problems, conducting special tests, developing reports, providing technical assistance as required and reporting of production status.
• Provide coordination between the Production, Project, Maintenance and Corporate Engineering Departments regarding capital project implementation including preparation of AFE's.
• Represent and/or assist production and engineering in matters of evaluation, selection and coordination and control of vendors supplying necessary operating services, consulting services, materials, equipment and other needs of operation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum 3-10 years of engineering experience in manufacturing environment.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Good working knowledge of SAP.
• Proficiency in engineering software packages such as OSI PI ProcessBook, iPRISM PSV software, ASPEN, Pipeflow.
• Knowledgeable of Process Safety standards, and process risk analysis (LOPA, Fault Tree Analysis).
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status