|Job Ref:||8953||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
The Process Engineering Organization provides mission-critical support to EB leadership and their functional organizations by developing and managing the organization's improvement strategies, executing improvement initiatives, mentoring and supporting employees in executing improvement, and measuring the impact of an organization's improvement activities. These activities are linked to EB business objectives and support our commitment to the US Navy to design, build and deliver submarines that enable their continued supremacy. |
Selected applicants will receive extensive training and certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Change Leadership and Process Management in support of improving Electric Boats business processes. Candidates will be responsible for leading projects teams to improve safety and quality, reduce cost, and improve schedule performance.
• Assist organizations in identifying, planning, and implementing Process Improvements and Lean Six Sigma Projects and ensure they align with company objectives;
• Organize projects into manageable activities and milestones for team members, with clear problem/objective statements, and document on project charters;
• Stays focused on priorities, driving projects to completion while hurdling roadblocks or addressing/escalating the impassible ones;
• Work with leadership and employees on applying Lean and Six Sigma approaches to help achieve process excellence;
• Provide management with scheduled project status updates, solicit feedback, and resolve barriers to achieving success;
• Provide mentorship to employees when leading change;
• Train other Black Belts in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies;
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement in the organization.
Selected applicants must demonstrate strong project management and prioritization skills, working under minimal supervision in a team environment, and be able to complete Black Belt projects including preparing and issuing final reports. Candidates must be capable of combining assertive initiative with professional discipline to accomplish challenging tasks, and work as Change Agents to remove barriers that hinder change. Selected MDA applicants will remain in their current job title.