Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit a Fleet Operations General Manager to be based in London
- Being part of the Services Execution UK function management team, the General Manager is the "Primary Project Interface" to the Core Team/Customer's Operations team(s) and Core Team/Project lead. He/she is responsible for: day to day delivery of the contractual obligations to the customer, leadership and direction of the project team(s) and project strategy.
- This will involve ensuring the successful supply and delivery of materials, technical support and operational staff to deliver 'Trains in Service' to the customer within budget to meet the end customer needs.
- You will be working to ensure consistent application of procedures and financial controls and budgets, providing regular reports (KPI's) for onsite activities.
- You will be ensuring that Customer/Supplier relations, communication and performance are maximised, both internally and externally, whilst ensuring the delivery of risks and opportunities / PCP's to enhance BT's margin and positioning with the Customer.
- Material Cost Variance Analysis and reporting using the Material TAC model and associated KPI's and reports. Ensuring all material spend is approved in accordance with the Delegated Authority process agreed (PO approvals).
- Continuous Improvement & maintenance of an accurate CBOM (Using standard format where appropriate) to drive material forecasting, operations, planning & logistics.
- Site Management - Responsible for Bombardier site and staff management, Quality, Health and Safety processes in order to achieve and maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Managing the customer(s) interface on a day to day basis ensuring delivery to contract requirements and driving customer satisfaction.
- Provide appropriate project performance reporting at Project Reviews, Customer(s) Reviews and Governance Meetings (MOR's, QPR's, Critical Project Reviews) utilising appropriate tools e.g. TAC Model & SAP reports.
- Leadership and direction of the on-site team and functions including managing individual performance & development, succession planning using the BT tools.
- All activities to be undertaken whilst maintaining Compliance with Quality and Safety Standards.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
- Strong experience of project and operational management incorporating: Best Practice, Total Quality Management, Continuous Improvement, Lean Management, Six Sigma, 8D analysis and ISO 9001 processes, preferably within the Rail Industry.
- Understanding of the railway industry and of its trends with specific reference to train maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Maintenance Practices and Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience in QHSE site based requirements.
- Good knowledge of CBOM & TAC Analysis.
- Good understanding of EAC and Budget management.
- Strong Project Management skills and Contract and Commercial knowledge.
- Good communicator both through face to face discussions and presentations.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Fluent English (negotiation level required).
Your ideas move people.