Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RAND - DSM||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, CA + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:24|
How would you like to become part of one of the biggest main contracting companies? This company is one of the top 10 UK Housing and Construction companies and has revenue in excess of £1 billion. They are currently looking to add a Design Manager to join their business and work on their latest residential projects.|
Purpose of the role:
Successfully holding this job will give responsibility of the Design function on particular residential projects. Using excellent communication skills and personable manner the role holder will take ownership of technical matters across both project streams and drive solutions.
* Procure surveyors and investigations to ensure that the contents of the work are coordinated with the consultant's information, understanding the impacts and responsibilities they have on the works and sub-contractors.
* Monitor the discharge of planning conditions and assisting the architect in the provision of information were necessary.
* Coordinate consultant, sub-contractors and supplier design information to ensure the flow of information allows for coordinated design by the lead consultant and design reviews are undertaken and completed in line with programme requirements.
* Reviewing design consultant's drawings against contract, legislative or technical requirements, identifying efficiencies which can be made whilst still meeting the aforementioned requirements.
* Ensuring the project is fully implemented in strict accordance with BMS and 4Project document management procedures.
* Liaise with the Temporary Works Coordinator so they are fully aware of the section agreements applicable to each project and status of technical submissions and approvals.
* Coordinate information from consultants for BREEAM and CfSH ensuring stage assessments are completed in a timely manner and to a successful conclusion.
* Utilising the document controller, coordinate the production of the Health and Safety Files with the consultants and sub-contractors.
Experience and Qualifications:
* A construction/ design related professional qualification- HNC/HND/Degree.
* Prior experience as a Design / Technical Manager or Senior.
* Experience of working within the construction industry, ideally on Design and Build, new build, private spec housing and social affordable housing.
Fell free to get in touch with Jacob or Jamie in our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Design Manager Newcastle NE1 Main Contractor Residential