Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RAND- EST||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 50,000 per year, CA + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:24|
Currently working on behalf of a leading North East Main Contractor, who are looking to add an Estimator to their growing pre-construction team. Reporting into the Pre-Construction Manager, you will be joining a business that is already firmly established in the region and have secured all of their workload for 2016 and 2017. The client in question has already secured it's turnover target for 2017 and plan to have a record year in 2018.|
* Arrange site inspections
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Conquest Estimating software package
* Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
* Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
Previous estimating experience essential, preferably 5 years or more. If you would like any other information or wish to discuss confidentially please feel free to call Jacob or Ciaran in our Newcastle office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Estimator Construction Contracting Commercial NE1