|Job Ref:||SHC-LS-16-19059||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Detroit||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
1. Provide direct support to the Line of Business (LoB) V.P. Stryker and Specialty Wheeled Vehicle Programs, to achieve their financial commitments|
2. Map the market space to identify decision makers, influencers and potential end users that impact the domestic Specialty Wheeled Vehicle fleet (Army, USMC, USN, USAF) and the adjacent market space of peacekeeping vehicles capability through DoS, DoD (in support of our strategic partners) and DHS.
a. Identify opportunities to enhance vehicle and fleet capabilities to meet future client requirements
b. Collect and maintain an active contact data base for client engagement
c. Understand client acquisition system and requirement generation process.
3. Develop a strategic plan to achieve division financial goals
a. Define the portfolio - understand/inform/recommend priorities of effort
b. Recommend IRAD investment strategy and priorities
c. Coordinate competitor analysis (SWAP)
d. Coordinate and develop campaign, battle and capture plans
e. Develop concepts, initiatives and presentations for both internal and external clients
4. Analyze DoD Budget and Future Years Defense Planning documents to evaluate potential impacts on strategy and business plans for Programs of Record
5. Analyze Client Force Structure changes to evaluate the impact on our franchise fleets
6. Coordinate SWV activities across the GDLS enterprise, to include support to International business opportunities
7. Client engagement
a. Develop relationships with key client base of the identified influencers
b. Leverage GDLS Client Facing Executives (CFE's) capabilities to gain access to key client decision makers (International Programs and their Regional focused teams, Advanced Programs, and MC2)
c. Engage other defense OEM's for potential teaming arrangements or opportunities to introduce integration technology and plans into their/ our products as ECP's or PIP's
d. Identify opportunities to demonstrate platform capability, i.e. AEWE, NIE, client sponsored events and selected road shows/capability demonstrations
8. Begin to develop opportunities outside of traditional clients channels
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the US and international SWV markets, and the directly related aftermarkets.
2. Candidate must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
3. Candidate must be able to perform in a remote location with minimal supervision.
4. Demonstrated competency in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, and customer relationship building.
5. EDUCATION: 15+ Years with BA, 13+ Years with MBA
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
Detroit area locations house engineering, design and development, customer service and support, systems integration laboratories, and staff support functions. The Sterling Logistics and Engineering Center provides training and logistics support to customers around the world.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.