Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP369602||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£31/hour||Post Date:||03/10/2016 21:34|
We have a new requirement for a Technical Author to join BAE Systems in Portsmouth on a contract basis. |
Detailed understanding of Technical Data and Documentation requirements and processes.
Purpose of role
- Produce documentation in the form of Data Modules in accordance with S1000D or to the agreed customer requirements utilising source material made up of information from design drawings
- LSAR outputs and Original Equipment Manufacturers data and manuals
- This could include ship visits to capture/validate data
- Provisioning, preparation, research, estimation, production and subsequent maintenance of technical support information which will be used to produce operational, instructional and maintenance documentation in support of MOD RN platforms
- Validate OEM manuals prior to customer delivery
- Ensure that the Technical Data and Documentation requirements are complete, coherent and consistent
- Liaison with other engineering and support functions as required across the business
- Support customer/supplier relationships in respect to Technical Data and Documentation Requirements.
Key Technical Skills
- Broad and good understanding of MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Quicksilver and SGML
- A mechanical/electrical/weapons engineering background preferably on Marine or RN projects
- A good understanding and experience of naval systems and equipment
- Detailed understanding of Technical Data and Documentation requirements and processes.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills
- Strong commitment and self motivation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to liaise and communicate with customers and stakeholders
- Relevant job experience
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Produce descriptive and procedural data modules resulting in a comprehensive set of ship system handbooks
- Review OEM Manuals Produce/update BR’s in accordance with modifications or changes to equipment or systems as part of any support contract
- Amend/update NBCD Handbooks
- Produce new or update Submarine Training Aid Books
- Produce new or update Submarine Damage Control Headquarters documentation
- Production of Marine Engineering Guides
- Review and update handbooks to establish technical/safety deficiencies in accordance with supplied source information
- Utilise databases to establish ship fit system and equipment configuration
- Ensure published data is configuration controlled and audit trail is recorded and documented
- Documentation produced is ‘fit for purpose’ and complies with governed business quality and production processes
- Provide technical guidance to Illustrators regarding the creation of new or amended illustrations.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK