|Job Ref:||EMP370004||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Marine||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55,000 - £60,000/year||Post Date:||15/10/2016 21:31|
My client a reputable Container Ship Owner based in London are currently recruiting a Technical Superintendent ahead of the delivery of some new vessels this year. The ideal candidate will be a Chief Engineer with Deep Sea Sailing experience|
Experience as a Technical Superintendent managing Container Carriers, Bulk Carriers or Tankers.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• That vessels are maintained to international regulations and Company procedures
• That statutory and classification surveys for all plant and equipment on fleet vessels are carried out
• That vessels are supplied with spares and stores in a timely order as per company procedures
• Monitors performance of vessel’s staff and appraises Masters and Chief engineers as required
• Conducting audits of ships safety management systems
• Participating in safety management system review meetings
• Investigating major machinery failures and any resulting insurance claims.
• Dealing with non-conformities covering technical procedures of the S.M.S. both ashore and afloat
• Conduct full vessel inspections as per company’s procedures.
• Prepare dry-docking specifications, evaluating tender documents and attend the vessel during
the dry dock period or repair periods.
• Summarising and supervision of guarantee claims.
• Co-ordinate with crewing managers on crew related matters.
• keeping accurate records and cost control of assigned budgets
• Authorising Purchase orders for ship’s spares and consumables up to a limit as determined by
the Technical Manager / Managing Director
• Complying with Class, Flag State and Statutory regulations
• Participation in 6 monthly Management Review Meeting
• Acting as a member of the Emergency Response Team
• Seagoing experience as senior engineering officer (Chief Engineer)
• Previous experience as a superintendent is beneficial..
• Experience of dry-docking vessels would be beneficial.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently especially when visiting vessels.
• Flexibility to travel at short notice.
• Good technical report writing skills.
• Able to quickly understand complex problems and provide credible solutions.
• Good knowledge of cost and budgetary controls for a group of vessels, together with vessel spare part procurement.
• Sound understanding of all applicable statutory legislation and classification standards as appropriate to container vessels, and associated surveys and inspections therein.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
If you have the required experience and would like to have an informal chat please contact Richard Holley on: NA | NA