|Job Ref:||1616548||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||India||City:||Mumbai||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:10|
The Area Operation manager is to lead the delivery of all projects. |
AOM will have responsibility for managing contract administration and project management; including leading a diversified team of resources and sub-contractors and continual engagement of a variety of stakeholders, eg. Discussions and negotiations with team and sub-contractors or resolution of complex issues through a process of consultation and negotiation with key stakeholders. He will be responsible to have a co-ordination with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead an installation team, manages contract requirements, and assists the sales team in the preparation of job estimates, proposals and presentations.
• Overall responsibility for on time delivery of projects, within scope and on budget, as well as overall quality of project delivery
• Ownership of projects financial performance including accurate/on-time reporting and achieving targets; Cost/revenue forecasting; Billings, receivables and payables management; Accruals; Working capital management.
• Work with "Cash In" to ensure timely invoicing and timely payments of invoices by our customers. He should resolves jobs issues which may negatively impact customer payment.
• Develop and manage projects schedules, work breakdown structure, resource plans, procurement plans, commissioning plans, quality control plans, documentation plans, and risk mitigation plans.
• Develop schedule of values and manage monthly on time billing.
• Track projects progress using MS Project and MS Excel worksheets; Provide monthly and quarterly project progress reports using industry accepted project management tracking metrics (written and verbal).
• Maintain customer satisfaction at acceptable levels and promptly resolves customer issues.
• Monitor and proactively manage overall project risk.
• Monitor and manage subcontractors, and subcontractor risk.
• Manage all site instructions, change orders, puts and takes, and drive generation and collection of change orders for out of scope work.
• Control costs and maximize productivity through the implementation of best practices and standard processes.
• Participate in estimate and risk review process prior to jobs or contracts being quoted to ensure labour estimates are correct and that the work is achievable from a technical perspective
• Best Documentation practices to be implement
• Ensure projects are resourced properly with adequate head count and skill sets; Collaborate with other managers/leaders to ensure that the most effective resources are allocated to projects
• Build effective teams committed to organizational goals, foster collaboration among team members and between teams.
• Develop strong relationships with sales and other managers/leaders/team so as to ensure effective sales to operations handovers, optimized utilization of resources, optimized procurement, optimized recruitment and selection process, and maximized pull through of projects
• Be the change management leader for team and aggressively implement agreed to initiatives
• Ensure applicable local and industry codes and standards are upheld
Ensure a safe and healthy work environment through effective communication, training, equipment/vehicle maintenance and facilities improvement.
• Manage safety program for project
• Total 8-12 year experience with 5 years of Project Management experience in a challenging project environment, Graduate of a college engineering technology program (controls & instrumentation HVAC/refrigeration, electronics/electrical) or 10-14 year experience with Engineering in above discipline.
• Contract administration and contract management experience within a challenging or complex projects
• Experience in management of construction projects involving building automation, security systems, CCTV and life safety systems design and installation
• Collaborating with the client to establish project goals and definition of success, to identify risks to achieving those goals, and to determine effective risk allocation strategies.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Good understanding of project financial and progress tracking methods and metrics
• Proficient using computers including software such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (or other project software)
• Organized and detail oriented, able to prioritize
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including email communication
• Effective communicator regardless of level/context of communication or with whom the successful candidate is communicating with (end user, customer, manager, executive, engineer, designer, supplier, installer, student, etc...)
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
• Tolerance for ambiguity, comfortable making decisions, and resourceful