Sector of Activity
Operations & Maintenance
Area of Expertise
Operations, Maintenance & Services
Since 1911, we have been part of society's progress on five continents ... and we're not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you're seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Division or Project Summary
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
Location : 39 Colborne Street East, Orillia, Ontario -12 month contract
The Senior Facilities Technician is a technical unionized position responsible for all aspects of building maintenance:
- Maintaining all building systems to ensure optimum building environment for telephone network operations and office functions with zero tolerance for failure. These systems include heating, ventilating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, standby power, life safety, security, structural, architectural, landscaping, roadworks and paving. This function may be performed by the SFT or an outside contractor under the SFT's direction. In either case, the responsibility for performance shall remain with the SFT.
- Responding to and coordinating activities related to the recovery of any building system failure.
- Verify and auditing the work of outside support Contractors. (directing is a manager responsibilities )
- Assisting the Property Manager, Project Managers and outside Consultants in the evaluation of building
operations for the purposes of performance audits, operating budgets, capital programs including DeRisk Program, energy conservation measures, key facility assessments, property inspections and process improvements.
- Ensure zero network failures through a prudent maintenance and operating program.
- Maintain optimum working environment for building occupants.
- Analyze and troubleshoot building systems alarms; perform inspections, safety checks, minor replacements, overhauls, adjustments and repairs to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic, life safety, direct digital control (DDC) and water treatment systems.
- Perform or supervise Preventative Maintenance Routines and repairs for the various building systems. Validate and document the completion of all items listed within each PMR task on a sampling basis according to company policy.
- Validate and document the completion of all repairs. Review repair history with Property Manager to aid in life cycle costing analysis.
- Operate standby power plants, Uninterrupted Power Source (UPS) and associated transfer switching and support equipment.
- Assist Property Manager in establishing capital replacement programs.
- If request assist Infrastructure Manager, Project Manager and Property Manager with capital projects and tenant moves: design development, bidder site tours, start up meetings, construction activities, turnover and commissioning. Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment and maintain warranty requirements. Ensure transfer of power to standby on commercial power failure, transmission of site alarms to client's Network
- Management Control Centre and SNC-Lavalin O&M Solutions' Building Technology Management Centre.
- Maintain equipment documentation: as-built drawings, specifications, shop drawings, operating manuals, samples and warranties.
- Ensure that all mechanical, electrical and storage rooms are kept clean and organized.
- Ensure that all building systems equipment are kept clean and organized. Maintain stock of vital consumable components: fuses, breakers, light bulbs, switches, belts, etc.
- Manage, audit and document performance of outside Contractors. Assist Property
- Manager with ongoing update of Resource Allocation Table to ensure correct dispatching of contractors.
- Respond to tenant service requests (work orders) in a timely manner. Ensure customer satisfaction by obtaining direct feedback. Communicate regularly with the SNC-Lavalin O&M Solutions Client Centre to provide status reports on work orders.
- Close work orders upon completion of task.
- Assist client with procedures and programs: Emergency Operations Procedures (EOP), Health and Safety, Risk Management Inspections, crisis simulations, and other issues related to building.
- Assist Property Manager and / or Consultants in the preparation and annual updating of Key Facility Assessments. Identify and address single points of failure.
- Assist Property Manager and / or Consultants with annual Property Inspections.
- Building Environment Systems (BES) college diploma preferred
- Minimum 5 years of preventative maintenance experience within a large, complex building required
- G2 gas licenses combined with either a refrigeration or electrical license required
- A valid driver's license is required
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Detail and process oriented.
- Strong time management and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Parts and equipment cost estimating.
- Ability to operate Digital Control Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work equally well with tenants, unionized employees, union representatives, trades and executives.
- Strong Customer service skills.
- Proactive and action oriented with proven ability to work with a minimum of supervision and direction.
All candidates are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to local candidates.
Hours: Potential Shift work - (rotating shifts)
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin's accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.