|Job Ref:||L&Q||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Competitive Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:18|
Ambitious Design Manager with Residential build experience for top residential developer|
They are one of the UK's leading housing associations and one of London's largest residential developers. They build high quality homes and for ten years running they have been included in the Great Place to Work index. They have a great reputation of supporting their staff to progress. As a company they are growing rapidly, this is a very exciting time for a design Manager to join the team in Stratford, East London
This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary and excellent package!
The project consists of the demolition of an existing Stadium building and the construction of 292 new homes of mixed tenure and construction form. Ranging between 3 storeys to 9 storeys. There is also the creation of community facilities and commercial units and the refurbishment of the front facade. This is a challenging project and a great opportunity for a Design Manager seeking progression in their career.
* Read technical drawings and be able to identify any issues.
* Attend and record all meetings with the management and design teams
* Participate in the design transfer from preconstruction to construction
* Check all drawings and details for accuracy and correctness
* Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met.
* Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the constructions process.
* Ensure that new regulation and legislation requirements are followed
* Ability to recognise potential issues and implement strategies or overcome them
* Ensure company standard of service and delivers on time
* You must have good technical knowledge and experience of residential construction
* Strong communication skills and able to provide leadership
* Proven experience delivering residential schemes from pre-construction to delivery
* Own motivation and drive
* Ability to optimise projects
If you are a Design Manager and can commute to Stratford, East London, this is a great opportunity with excellent career prospects. Please contact us for more details.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.